Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Easy way to save a life (or 3)!

At school today, a club I'm in (Marshall University Student Nurses Association) held a Red Cross Blood Drive.  Our teachers have a great incentive to get us to either give blood or help work the tables - 5 extra credit points! Although I (really) enjoy the credit, I think I enjoy even more the fact that my blood can help save 3 different people's lives.  I'm lucky that I'm an easy donor (have never passed out, have high enough iron levels, etc.), and that needles don't gross me out, otherwise I probably wouldn't be so apt to donate.  Every time I lay on that table, I think about the people that my blood will go to, and I pray that it will really help them and if I ever need blood someday that someone would do the same thing for me!  I encourage anyone who is able to donate blood to do it - it's free, pretty easy, and it can be the difference between life and death for someone in need!

Here are some pictures of myself and my friends today:
 Me
Amy
 and Katie! See - it doesn't even look scary! :)
And I don't even look like I lost a pint of blood - haha!

To find a donation opportunity near you, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment