Sunday, February 27, 2011

Crafty Sunday :)

I love Sundays.  LOVE them.  I used to hate them, because I knew that it was my last day of freedom before the new school week started.  Now, I love them because I can't wait to go to church in the morning, and instead of dreading the next day, I'm thankful that God has given me another week of a wonderful life.  If you're looking for a church, or even if you're not and you just happen to be reading this, I hope I can persuade you to come to ours! It is a blessing every Sunday! To learn more, go to MFC's website - we attend a 'satellite' campus in Ripley of the main campus in St. Albans.  Today, a couple we know and their beautiful little girl came with us, and then we went out to eat.  I'm so thankful we have friends and even more that we have friends who go to church and have the same values we do.  Also, Maci came and sat beside me this morning too, and on her other side was CaSandra, which meant I got to snuggle Nolan again today! :)

It was a beautiful day here - warm with a perfect breeze - so of course I had the windows opened.  I semi-cleaned out our closets and took out the clothes that we haven't worn for a year.  That's how I decide what stays and what goes - if we didn't wear it this winter, we won't wear it next winter either.  I know my sisters love when I clean out my closet because it means 'new' clothes for them! haha!  After that, I decided to get to work on one of my Easter decorations I planned to make.  It turned out perfect and I think it looks so cute! Again, Tyler says it looks like our house is getting a little too cluttered, but I think it looks beautiful, and I hope you do too! :p

I made this banner from brown paper bag and then taped it to cardboard so it wouldn't be flimsy.  Then, I used a stamp to make the background and a paintbrush to paint the green letters on.  I punched holes in it, then strung the ribbon through.  Wow, that made it sound really easy but it seemed like it took hours.  I love how it looks, and I love what it stands for even more! :) I know Easter is a ways away, but it's never too early to start decorating for the next holiday!
 He is risen!
 My supplies

Adorable topiary bunnies :)

Tyler is SO busy lately....he's had to work like crazy, and now he's having to produce the DVDs he's recorded.  For anyone who doesn't know, Ty is a 'legal videographer'...basically he goes to depositions and records them, and then produces the DVDs and sends them to the lawyers.  Sounds simple when you hear it, but it's not - I don't understand the first thing when he tries to explain what he's doing.  He's swamped, and I have the pictures to prove it! :p
 (he's trying to make *anyone* feel sorry for him with this face - not working with me haha!)
Here is his pile of invoices that have to get finished - I'm so thankful I have a husband that works hard so I can have the things I want!

One more thing - 

 Spring is on its way! And....
How adorable is this dish?!?! :) Too adorable to actually use!!!

Have a good Monday! - It can be done!

4 comments:

  1. I love your spring crafts! They're super cute.
    Your blog inspired me to start one, i have no idea on what to really write about though. I feel as though my daily things would bore people to death. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your decorations! Can't believe you did all of that! Makes me realize that I need to get ready for Spring too!!! Love the work!

    Romantic Savy
    Hope you check out the latest on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the banner! Cute, cute, cute decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your decorations! The banner is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete