Friday, February 25, 2011

A VERY Productive Shopping Day!

Today, I went shopping.  It is SO relaxing to me, to just go and look at stuff, and simply 'shop'.  Tyler can't comprehend how I can consider it fun, but I remind him how I feel the exact same way about sitting in a treestand doing absolutely nothing from before dawn till after dusk :p.  I went today to buy him a new 'business wardrobe', because he is wanting to get his dress shirts embroidered with his business logo to wear to jobs.  Well, it was a WONDERFUL excuse for me to do some retail therapy for myself too!

Yes, I'm excited about all the new things I got, but I'm even more excited about all the money that I saved today...I'll try not to bore you with the numbers, but I got some GREAT deals!  First, I went to JCPenney (because Ty has to have 'tall' shirts (his arms are amazingly long), and it's the only place that carries his size.  Well, before I went, I got online and printed off as many coupons as I could, including a $10 off with $25 purchase and 15% off complete purchase, and when I got to the register, the cashier had another $10 off coupon! I got 6 dress shirts/matching ties and 2 pair of dress pants for $135.67, saving $270.01 from sales and coupons...but on top of that, I used a $100 gift card we received for Christmas, so really I only paid $35.67! Woo-hoo!

My next stop was Target, where I got my favorite deal...I also printed coupons to take here before I left too...I found a $5.00 of any women's denim coupon and a 20% of Merona apparel coupon (you can have them too, here).  Well when I got there, ALL the Mossimo jeans were on sale for $4.98!!!! If you didn't catch what that means, it means my jeans were FREE!  I wish I would have taken more coupons because it would have been a great idea to go ahead and get some more for adopt-a-family or something like that.  Hmm, actually, I think I might just go back sometime soon, because the coupon is good until March 26 ;) (but I don't know how long they can keep $5 jeans in stock, so go get you some!) In all, I spent $25.36 at Target, but I don't know how much I saved because they don't put it on the receipt - I wish they did!

Finally, I went to Kohl's - I LOVE Kohl's - well, more like Kohl's clearance racks haha....but I got all kinds of clothes and jewelry that I CANNOT wait to wear!  And the best part is that it all was so cheap!  Of course, I had a 15% off everything coupon and then I had a $25 gift card, and my total was $53.43.  But the shocker was the 'total saved' - $442.00! Sheesh - I don't know why anyone would buy anything full price!!
Anyway, for everything I bought I only spent $123.46, and I would guess that normally everything I bought would have added up to close to $900....which is why I think I had a VERY productive shopping day! :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You are a great shopper - wish I could have gone with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Kohl's also the other day & saved a whole $60! :D

    ReplyDelete