Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Coupon Queen

This post is dedicated to my cousin CaSandra - who I am referring to as the 'Coupon Queen'.  I have always been the crazy girl who always has a coupon to anywhere and everywhere we go to eat amongst my friends, but CaSandra has taken it to a whole new, wonderful level :)...She clips coupons like crazy, and knows every way possible to save money wherever you go!  Last Wednesday, she dropped off a huge envelope of coupons that she had sorted through for me to take what I wanted out of, and then I passed it to my mom.  I didn't have time to get things organized, print coupons online and get my eCoupons loaded on to my Kroger card until Friday, so that's when I did my shopping.  Here is my receipt:
If you'll notice, I saved $37.13 and only paid $30.84 - I saved 56% of my whole bill by just 'couponing'!  There were multiple things that I got for free, and a few that I actually got PAID to 'buy'!  I have to watch though, and make sure I don't buy stuff I don't need just because I have a coupon.  It feels SO good walking out of the grocery store knowing you just paid less than half of what your purchases are worth :)
Go to CaSandra's blog here - she has WAY more info on how you can save big next time you go shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment