Saturday, February 26, 2011

One Chapter Ends, Another Begins!

Today was my last day of the dreaded Saturday clinical.  I will NOT miss getting up at 4:45am, but I WILL miss taking care of all the precious kids I got to see!  We brought food and had a 'mini-party' this morning, and here are a few pictures of my best friends :)
 All of us with our clinical instructor
Me and my very best friend Katie.  I wish we would have known each other when we were in high school; I know we would have been BFFs then too - we have twin brains! Haha
----------------------------------------------------
After clinical, we all went to Fat Patty's to eat lunch.  If you're ever in Huntington and looking for a place to eat, go there. Immediately.  They have the best food EVER!  When I got home, we went to Tyler's aunt Kim's where I got to meet his cousin (Nathan and Natalie's) daughter Isla for the first time.  She is a DOLL.  For the first time in my life though, this baby wanted Tyler more than me! Haha!
 (Isla and Tyler - Don't you just want to squeeze her?! (She's scared of me, hence the 'look' :)

Not only did I get to see her, but I also got to hold (my) baby Nolan :) and play with Kensley and Nathan's other daughter Keilan.  I married into the most wonderful family with the most adorable kids!
------------------------------------------------------
After that, we went to the Nazarene church for a 'critter dinner'....sounds appetizing, huh? Actually, the food there is DELICIOUS.  People make things that they harvest themselves - Tyler fried some of his turkey he killed last year, and some of the other items included moose, catfish, buffalo, deer, crawfish, and.......raccoon legs.  Yes, you heard me right...I didn't try those.  But overall, it is some of the best food, probably because you know what you're eating isn't 'processed' and 'enhanced', it's just plain old food, and boy is it good!
 --------------------------------------------------
I left there, and Gidgey and I went to 'Honey and Poppy's' (that's what mom and dad want to be called by their grandchildren someday - SO cute!)  I had to drop off some no-bakes to my favorite dad, and I picked up a coat for my favorite mom on clearance yesterday so I took it also.  Not to mention, my thirty-one order came in! SO excited!  Here's what I purchased:
 This is a bag/basket to put in the backseat of my car to be a 'catch-all' - I LOVE it!
 I'm not really big on the brown/pink scheme, but it looks so classy!
And....I bought the curling iron/straightening iron cover for when I go on trips - such a good idea! I can't wait to use it - hopefully next weekend on our ski trip to Canaan ;)
--------------------------------------------------
And that brings me to now...I got home, and I got another package in the mail! (I know, you're probably thinking that I buy WAY too much stuff, but it's all really inexpensive, promise!)  Of course, my Etsy addiction just keeps on growing, and this was the purchase of the week!
 Badge clips for my Marshall hospital ID! (and yes, I have to get Katie what I get so we can match :)
I mean, it's personalized and adorable! How could I resist?

Happy Sunday - tomorrow! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm also addicted to Etsy. I love those name badges so much I just went and got myself one. haha I work at PVH, so it will be great for my ID. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete