Saturday, January 15, 2011

German Chocolate Cookies and Thank You's!

A few days ago I was having car troubles on my way to school, and since Tyler dropped his phone in the toilet (yes, you heard me right), I had no way of getting ahold of him.  I called my mom and she gave me the number to call our wonderful neighbors down the street, and they trudged through the snow to come to our house and let Ty use their phone.  I'm so thankful we live near people that will help us when we need something.

I wasn't sure what to do to thank them because I wanted to do more than just give them a card, so I decided I would bake something (everyone likes homemade treats, right?).  I decided on this recipe for 'German Chocolate Cookies' because I LOVE German chocolate cake:

This website is created by Disney, but it's not all for kids! I have gotten tons of craft and food ideas here and they all turned out great!

Here are some pictures of the finished product:


And here are a few of my little helper while I was cooking :) ....more like little beggar!



Now to deliver the goodies - Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Baldwin!
 

2 comments:

  1. Those cookies look delicious. And, your presentation was beautiful! You are very talented!! Also, I miss your little helper, I mean little beggar. I am glad that you have nice neighbors too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fair Lucinda... I was going to say that her presentation is AWESOME! Guess she learned from the best {you} huh?

    ReplyDelete