Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A REAL Snow Day!

Before you begin reading this post, I just want to let you know that it is filled with A LOT of things that are not related at all - kind of just how my day has been.  Everyone who knows me knows that I HATE snow, and today is no exception; however, it's been a much more tolerable snow day because I've stayed inside the whole time except to take Gidget outside and it has been so refreshing to not have to worry about driving.  Actually, I do have class tonight, but I'm not even ashamed to say that I'm playing 'hooky' because the roads are so bad I feel justified not even trying to go at all.  With that being said, today has been pretty eventful - I got enough sleep last night, I've gotten a good bit of homework done (because the Directv unfortunately lost signal due to the weather :), I cleaned up around the house, paid the bills, made a real lunch, and did laundry and the dishes all before 3:00!  Here are some pictures of my day I thought I'd share...

 I love when I'm home and I have enough time to light candles and let them burn so they don't waste - not to mention they make the house feel so cozy!

 Last night Tyler and I were in Charleston and I had to do a return at TJMaxx....and of course the 'Hot Now' light was on at Krispy Kreme when we passed and that means Tyler has to have 'Hot Now's' Right Now :) So that has been our healthy breakfast for today, and probably tomorrow too...
 Here are some pictures of Gidgey while I cook in the kitchen....she thinks that if she stands there and begs long enough I'll let her have some people food - she didn't have any luck today...
 ...but look at this face!!! So hard not to cave in! :)

 Here is my soup I made, and I have to admit - it is delicious.  I had it at my cousin's house during a shower, and fell in love!  She sent the recipe to me and I've made it a couple times this winter.  It lasts me for a couple days' lunch and dinner, so it serves multiple purposes - tastes good, fills me up, and ensures I don't have to cook for a few days!
And here is the recipe in case you want to try it yourself! Of course if I can make it it's super-easy - don't worry :)
Potato soup:
6 cups of peeled and cubed potatoes
1 cup of chopped onion
2 cups of chopped celery
1 cup chopped carrots
3 chicken bouillon cubes
small block of velveeta cheese
Add all ingredients but cheese to kettle with enough water to cover veggies. Add salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste. Cook on med. heat until veggies are tender. Lower heat and add the block of velveeta cheese (cutting it into cubes and stirring it in the mix). Stir until well mixed and cheese has melted. For topping add bacon pieces, green onion, crackers, or sour cream. Enjoy!!  (Thanks Brandi!)


 This is our backyard at about noon....may I mention there was NO snow at 11am?
...and this is our front yard and street - good thing I'm not going anywhere!


And sorry if I bore you with more pictures of Gidget - I just can't get enough of her!
 She always chooses to lay on this rug in front of the door, even thought it's hard and cold and she has all kinds of other places she could lay - on the couch, in her bed, on top of the heated VENT? (That would be my choice!)
 And here is her close-up - she may be going blind soon due to the hair in front of her eyes :p
 And last one, I promise! She's just so cute I can't choose just one picture to put on here! 


Finally, I just wanted to show a picture of the new vase I got for my Tiffany room - it just matches perfectly! I am so lucky that I get to have my own 'dressing room' haha...that's what I like to call it.  I've always had to share a bathroom with somebody, whether it be my sisters or roomates at college or Tyler, and it is WONDERFUL to have a room to myself to do what I want - it's like a huge walk-in closet with my clothes, vanity, and desk! Hopefully someday when our family grows our house situation will grow too so I don't have to let go of my haven :p

Anyway, hope everyone else has a safe and happy snow day today too! Hope to get to church tonight though - that's one place I don't care to brave the cold to get to!

 

2 comments:

  1. how did you get all of the pictures to the right? and the main picture on the top of the page? They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have photoshop (I wish I did!) so I just downloaded Google Picasa...you can upload any picture you have and add text to them, then upload them into those boxed on the dashboard page. I'm not very tech-y, so it took me FOREVER haha

    ReplyDelete