Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Steals and Deals!


Last night, Tyler and I had to go get a missing piece of one of our cabinets in Charleston.  We went to Harbor Freight first, because Ty had to get some 'stuff'.  Then we ate at China Gourmet, which was delicious.  But the best part of the trip was going to Lowe's...I loooove to look for the yellow tags that mean 'clearance', and actually that's all my eyes really fix on when we're there.  I probably haven't bought anything at 'full price' since I was in high school (and didn't know any better :p).  Last week, I bought a new curtain rod for our room for $12.95 - marked down from $59.95! Gosh I get so excited about sales!  Well last night, right when we walked in the door, my eyes were drawn to some lamps that were my very favorite black and white damask pattern (like the theme of our wedding decor).  To my surprise, I looked at the price and there were those yellow tags - $9.95 instead of $29.95! They weren't in the budget for the night, but I just had to have them :) 

Someday, when we get a new house, I've already decided this will be the theme of the whole house - I just love how simple, elegant, and classy it looks!
(don't mind the messy-looking shelf - there is NO good way to organize that many school notebooks!)

I LOVE steals and deals!

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love that print and have often wished I had decorated more with it! But...we don't have our own house yet so maybe then when we buy one I will do it!!! Your computer area looks great! I would never want to leave there!!!

    Have A Great Day and enter my new challenge :)
    ~Romantic Savy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lamps are just SO 'you'! I've said it before and I'll say it again - I wish I could hire you to decorate our house... I LOVE your style!

    *Wanting to redo our bedroom in burnt orange/dark brown - keep your eyes open for MORE steals and deals*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love getting a good deal too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE damask! My fiance' and I are planning to use it in our wedding. It's just so sophisticated and romantic.

    ReplyDelete